NAB AFL Women’s Competition Website Terms of Service
1. The AFL provides this service to you subject to the following Terms of Service
2. These terms may be updated without notice to you and are deemed to be binding once displayed on the NAB AFL Women’s Competition website: www.Womens.afl (“Website”).
3. The Terms of Service sets out the legally binding terms for your use of the Website. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by these terms whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Website pages) or you are a “Subscriber” (which means that you have registered to ‘Show your support’ at Womens.afl/teams). The term “User” refers to a Visitor or a Subscriber.
4. You are only authorised to use the Website (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by these Terms of Service and any applicable laws.
5. The Site is owned by Australian Football League (‘AFL’), 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Victoria 3001, Australia, ACN 004 155 211.
Proprietary Rights in the Website
6. You agree that all content appearing on the Website and available through provision of the services, including but not limited to text, graphics, pictures, videos, information, applications, software and other files are the proprietary property of the AFL, its users or its licensors with all rights reserved.
7. No Website content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the AFL’s prior written approval.
8. The services are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only.
9. You may not use the services for any illegal or unauthorised purpose.
10. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links and other content (“Materials”) that you submit, post, and display on the Website.
11. The AFL may, but shall have no obligation to, remove Materials that it determines in its sole discretion to be unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes or violates any party’s intellectual property or other proprietary rights or these Terms of Service.
12. Examples of illegal or unauthorised uses include, but are not limited to:
(a) modifying, adapting, translating, or reverse engineering any portion of the services;
(b) removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on the Website;
(c) using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion or the services;
(d) collecting any information about other Users (including usernames and/or email addresses) for unauthorised purposes;
(e) reformatting or framing any portion of the Website;
(f) creating User accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
(g) creating or transmitting unwanted electronic communications such as “spam,” or chain letters to other Users or otherwise interfering with other User’s enjoyment of the Website and services;
(h) submitting Materials of any third party without such third party’s prior written consent;
(i) directing any user (for example, by linking) to any Materials of any third party without such third party’s prior written consent;
(j) submitting Materials that falsely express or imply that such Materials are sponsored or endorsed by, or otherwise associated with, the AFL;
(k) submitting Materials that infringe, misappropriate or violate the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party;
(l) transmitting any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
(m) submitting Materials that are unlawful or promote or encourage illegal activity; or submitting false or misleading information.
13. The AFL has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any User’s use of the Website or to edit, delete or refuse to post any Material. However the AFL reserves the right to monitor your, or any User’s, use of the Website and to edit, refuse to post or remove any Material whatsoever. The AFL reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of any user of the services or the Website.
14. You agree to indemnify and hold the AFL, its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand whatsoever, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Material you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Website, your use of the Website or the services or your violation of any rights of another.
Modification to the Services
15. The AFL reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the services and/or Website with or without notice.
16. You agree that the AFL shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the services and/or Website.
Dealings with Providers of Sponsored Content
17. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers and sponsors found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser and sponsor.
18. You agree that the AFL shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers and sponsors on the Website.
19. All names, logos and trademarks are the property of the AFL or the third parties who have contributed to the Website. Nothing on the Website shall be construed as granting any licence or right to use any name, logo or trademark without the express prior permission of the owner or the relevant contributor.
Termination of User’s Rights
20. The AFL may in its absolute discretion and without notice:
(a) refuse any person’s right to use the Website; and/or
(b) suspend or cancel any User’s rights.
Disclaimer of Warranties
21. You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The AFL and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
22. The AFL and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors make no warranty that the service will meet your requirements; the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable; and any errors in the software will be corrected.
23. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
24. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the AFL or through or from the service or the Website shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms of Service.
25. You acknowledge that you are responsible for obtaining all hardware and software to use the Website and must pay all telecommunications costs and charges incurred by you in using the Website.
26. The AFL does not warrant that:
(a) any message to or from the AFL has not been altered in transmission;
(b) the Website will be accessible, uninterrupted or free at all times; or
(c) any message to or from the AFL will be received by the intended recipient.
27. This Agreement and the transactions contemplated by it will be governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia and each party hereto submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria.
32. To maintain contact with Users, the AFL will periodically send electronic newsletters which contain content the AFL believes would be of interest to Subscribers.
33. All email-based services are opt-in. Subscribers always have the ability to opt-out at any time from the Website and a Subscriber must contact the AFL in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out.
34. The AFL will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to other, however the AFL may disclose User personal information as required by law.
35. By subscribing to a mailing list you are consenting to allow the AFL to disclose your name and email address to the administrator of that mailing list.
36. In the case of a breach of these Terms of Services, the AFL reserves the right to take such action as it considers appropriate, in its absolute discretion.