'It was tough to watch towards the end': Randall on GF heartbreak

AS ADELAIDE continued to bombard its forward-50 in the fourth quarter of Saturday's Grand Final loss to Brisbane, injured skipper Chelsea Randall still held out hope.

The Crows went into the final term 22 points adrift, but an early goal to Eloise Jones provided a flicker of hope for the home side.

The ball effectively lived in Adelaide's forward half for the next 10 minutes, but they couldn't make any headway on the scoreboard.

AFLW GF Highlights: Adelaide v Brisbane

06:37 Apr 17. 2021. 4:10 PM

The Crows and Lions clash in the 2021 NAB AFLW Grand Final

Randall, who missed the game with concussion as part of the AFL's new 12-day recovery regulation, watched on from the interchange bench.

She confirmed to reporters she had since been cleared and has recovered from the concussion.

"I'm not the greatest supporter, sitting on the bench, but it was tough to watch towards the end," Randall said.

"I reckon the 90-second mark I still thought we were going to be able to get it, so it was challenging for me personally to watch.

"I was extremely proud of the girls and the way they've held themselves this season. Looking forward to what we can continue to do as a playing group."

The acting captain on the day, Ange Foley, ruptured her left ACL in the third term when contesting a mark.

AFLW GF: Injury heartache for Crows' stand-in skipper

00:54 Apr 17. 2021. 3:29 PM

Angela Foley goes down in the marking contest and helped from the ground

Eerily, it was in a very similar spot to where then-captain Erin Phillips ruptured her own left ACL in the 2019 edition of the Grand Final, also in the premiership quarter.

"Having done one myself, you go through a mix of emotions. All we can do is be there for Ange," Randall said.

"She's an incredible athlete, but more importantly, she's an incredible person. I have no doubt she'll tackle this with absolute courage and determination to get back on the field for us. We'll be supporting her in every second along the way.

"We actually saw each other yesterday morning and touched base with her. It's really overwhelming. She's been overwhelmed by the amount of messages which have come through to her from opposition, the team, the club and everyone.

"It probably doesn't sink in until a couple of days afterwards, and when the noise clears, that's probably when it hits you hardest. For Ange, we'll just continue to support her in every way possible."